Non-Invasive Blood Glucose Monitoring
Non-invasive glucose test systems for diabetics using mid-infrared laser spectroscopy
- Mid-IR targets glucose absorption features between 8 – 10 µm
- Vibrational resonances provide strongest absorption
- Glucose absorption features in 8 – 10 µm band are isolated from sharp features of other skin absorbers
Quantum Cascade (QC) lasers
In recent years there has been a dramatic improvement in Mid IR sources and detectors. This is especially true with the availability of Quantum Cascade (QC) lasers.
- Quantum Cascade (QC) lasers are mid-IR sources that are capable of producing high peak power pulses with low average power
- QC lasers allow mid-IR radiation to reach the dermis layer of human skin which contains glucose
Copyright © 2018. Sabur Technology. All Rights Reserved.